There are many reasons to choose dental
implants to replace one or more teeth
- Dental Implants are a long-term solution. If taken care of properly, they can last many years and even for a lifetime
- Dental Implants are better than other alternatives like bridges because no additional teeth need to be altered to place the new tooth
- Dental Implants look like your natural teeth so it will not be obvious you have dental work
- Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable partials or dentures
- Dental Implants prevent bone degeneration which can create an older appearance
- If the prognosis of restoring a tooth another way is poor, dental implants can provide a much more predictable and affordable solution
- Dental Implants allow you to chew, brush and floss as you would with your natural teeth
Watch the Video Below to Learn More about Dental Implants
Schedule a consultation today to
find out if implants are a good option for you.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a permanent new root for a missing tooth. It is a titanium screw that is placed into the jaw bone. An abutment and crown is then placed on the implant to provide a new tooth that is permanent and looks just like a natural tooth.
What is the dental implant process?
The first step is to determine if there is enough bone to support an implant. If there is not, a bone graft can be placed and the bone will grow over a few months. Then the implant itself is placed. The implant is placed underneath your gum tissue and you will not see it or feel it. The implant must be allowed about 3-6 months to heal, and during this time the jaw bone will form around the implant in a process called osseointegration. After the implant has healed it is time to place an abutment on the implant. The abutment serves as the base for your new tooth. Once this is placed an impression of the abutment is taken and is used to create your permanent restoration. The permanent crown is fabricated out of porcelain from a state of the art dental lab, and once it is permanently placed your smile will look just as it used to.
How are dental implants different than dentures?
Dentures are a removable set of teeth or partial set of teeth that need to be removed and cared for in a special manner. They can often feel bulky and are difficult to get used to. Dental implants are a permanent replacement for missing teeth that can be cared for just like natural teeth.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Dental implants look and feel just like real teeth, they are permanent, you can eat the foods you want without any fear of embarrassment, and they procedure is very successful and fairly inexpensive.
Who can place a dental implant?
Big City Dental has a specialist, who places the implants.
Do dental implants hurt?
No. You will not feel the implant when it is placed, or feel it afterwards. Most patients are able to resume their normal daily activities that same day.
How long do implants last?
When cared for properly, implants should last a lifetime. Proper oral hygiene and regular dental visits are essential to the success of your implant.